As a Software Engineer on our Cyber Risk Modeling team, you will work at the intersection of cyber data, financial modeling, and production-grade software development. You will be responsible for driving the development of our cutting-edge financial cyber exposure quantification solution, which combines Monte Carlo simulations and probabilistic modeling. Your work will help our clients make data-driven decisions and manage their cyber risks with confidence.
What will you do?
- Collaborate with a diverse and inclusive team of Cyber and Data Science experts to build our modeling engines and develop and improve our modeling capabilities. This includes enhancing our modeling accuracy, as well as improving the production-grade stability and scalability of our models.
- Lead decisions regarding our tech stack and architecture, applying your expertise in software engineering best practices and industry trends.
- Develop services responsible for serving the cyber risk quantification capabilities to other products and partners, ensuring that our solution is easy to integrate and scalable.
- Participate in agile development practices and code reviews, contributing to a culture of continuous improvement and feedback.
- Use your creativity and problem-solving skills to develop innovative solutions to complex problems and see your ideas move fast to our production environment.
What do you need?
- 3+ years of experience in software engineering, with a strong focus on Python development and associated frameworks (e.g., NumPy, scikit-learn, pandas).
- Experience with containerization and orchestration platforms (e.g., Docker, Kubernetes) and Cloud environments (e.g., GCP, AWS).
- Experience in working with data and models, using statistical analysis and predictive modeling to solve business problems.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, or any other relevant quantitative field or equivalent experience.
- Understanding of statistical analysis and predictive model design - an advantage
- Experience in cybersecurity or cyber risk modeling is a big advantage.
- Strong problem-solving and communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.